A Double Listen Arena
Toolbox Percussion is delighted to present a sound-based exhibition “A Double Listen Arena”. The exhibition and its nominative performances will open to the public on 12 August 2022 at ArtisTree, running through to 21 August 2022. “A Double Listen Arena”, serving as a community hub, features many of the past and new creative attempts of Toolbox Percussion. The exhibition is supported by Hong Kong Arts Development Council and Tom Lee Music.
Directed by Louis Siu, the exhibition transforms musical and creative experiences into interactive percussive sound and installation, multi-channel soundscape composition, and a variety of programs to reimagine contemporary music and creativity. The interactive exhibition is Toolbox Percussion’s undertaking into the practices of community arts, highlighted by Set Designer Kay Chan’s new playful installations where different play sculptures resemble public play space, allowing the audience to participate to compose a new listening experience.
Pairing with a Newly commissioned Soundscape by composer Fung Lam, experimenting with a fresh way to recreate a surrounding aural experience. The soundscape will have elements interconnecting with the site’s installations to allow audience to take part of the creative process.While a series of live spatial performances will also feature Fung Lam's room-filling compositional sequences. Other works will include contemporary composers, John Cage, Jason Treuting, Matt McBane, and Philip Glass, performed by Toolbox Percussion musicians.
Other programmes include free creative workshops, satellite events of Toolbox International Creative Academy (TICA); Screening Performance of Percussion Duo Moitié by Tianjin Juillard School, and Panel Discussion with Board Member of Hong Kong Palace Museum Limited Helen So and veteran cultural heritage conservation professional Winnie Yeung and Toolbox Performing Platform’s Vertex Percussion Duo Lunch Time Concert.
Exhibition Period: 12 August 2022 - 21 August 2022 (Mon-Sun 11:00-21:00#)
Exhibition Location: ArtisTree (1/F, Cambridge House Taikoo Place, 979 King's Road, Quarry Bay)
#Main Installation will not be available during performance and technical maintenance.
ArtisTree (1/F, Cambridge House Taikoo Place, 979 King's Road, Quarry Bay)
Creative Workshop: 13 August 2022 (16:30), 14, 20, 21 August 2022 (13:00)
Percussion Duo Concert: 15 August 2022 (12:45)
Guided Tour: 13, 14, 18, 20, 21 Aug 2022 (17:00), 15,16,17,19 Aug 2022 (18:00)
Exhibition is opened free-of-charge while all free events are arranged by registration.
13/8 3pm 7pm
20/8 3pm 7pm
Tickets are available at Popticket!
Terms and Conditions
- Due to social distancing measures, the exhibition will allow a limited capacity of people.
- The programmes may be subject to change without prior notice.
- The exhibition is suitable for aged 12 or above. Children should be accompanied by at least one adult to enter the exhibition.
- Visitors are responsible for their own safety and must comply with the rules and regulations of the venue.
- The organiser reserves the right and at its sole discretion to suspend any visitor who appears or is suspected to be physically unfit to enter the exhibition.
- The programme may be cancelled when tropical cyclone warning signal No. 8 is in force or Black Rainstorm Warning is issued. Please refer to the Facebook page and website of the organiser for the latest update.
- The organiser reserves the right to take photos or video-recordings during the events and to use the photos and videos for promotional purpose.
- Visitors are required to fill in the mandatory visitor's form, or scan the LeaveHomeSafe app QR code before entering the exhibition.
- Visitors are required to wear a mask to enter the exhibition and for the duration of their stay.
- Visitors are required to pass the temperature check at the entrance before admission. Any person with body temperature of 37.5˚C or above will be denied entry.
- All persons wearing "compulsory quarantine" hand straps will be denied entry.
- Toolbox Percussion Limited is not liable for any loss of personal belongings or harm caused to the visitors during the visit.
- By attending the exhibition, you agree to our Terms and Conditions above.